Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Yellowman

Because SCC (former 2nd job) is going under I have found myself with some free time on Saturdays.  With Renee (wife) slaving away at work, Niah (daughter) and I decided to get out and about and try to find the Yellowman pictograph panel.


Yellowman is roughly 3 miles off of Smithsonian Butte Scenic Backway near the town of Apple Valley.

The hike/scramble to yellowman is pretty steep but I did it while carrying Niah, 2 year olds, sometimes they are too independant and walk, get dirty, etc, others times, like today, you would have guessed the dirt was hot lava. Fortunately I found a geocache and borrowed a toy for her to play with in the alcove housing yellowman.




There were several other older faded panels and Im sure there are many more in the area. Definately a place to come back minus my little princess!




4 comments:

Southern Utah Homes said...

Hi... that was great stuff.. I really like reading on this subject Could you tell me more on that... I love to explore

Matt Anderson said...

What would you like to know?

Anonymous said...

Matt, I love your blog,great job,could you tell me a little more info,about getting to yellowman.my wife and i drove in there today,drove to the end of the rough road to where the cliffs start ,but did not know where to go.Thanks for any help. Jim Bislow

Matt Anderson said...

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=747eb7d5-aa10-45a9-97d4-9afe4346ce17

This is where I found my directions here!